Last Updated On February 27, 2023

This is How You Should Calculate ROI in Social Media Campaign

This is How You Should Calculate ROI in Social Media Campaign
By Team TIS

People calculate the Return on Investment (ROI) of the social media campaigns by accumulating the count of Twitter followers and Facebook likes. This is true! However, it also requires a bit of mathematics, metrics, and monetization knowledge to calculate the figures. In addition to it, a recent survey held by Econsultancy has reported that 47% of the companies are not able to measure their investments made in the campaigns. A miscalculation in such campaigns means that your business may fail to achieve the desired objectives in the near future.

Hence, the calculation becomes mandatory to measure the correct amount invested for each customer.

There are several formulas, methods, and tricks available on the web that assures you to provide the exact numbers. But, this could be brainstorming calculations.

Well! There are two methods that can be used for calculating the ROI in the social media campaign in quite a simpler way.

Table of Contents

Method 1:

Divide the metrics into three different categories for getting quick figures.

Quantitative Metrics: There are data-intensive and number-oriented metrics. However, considering all the metrics at a given time can overload the mind. Therefore, pick up the most influencing metrics that include visits, length of visits, bounce rate, frequency, page views, followers, demographics, and so on. By doing this, you can get a detailed report to calculate the exact ROI.

Qualitative Metrics: This metric has an emotional component attached to it. For example, if 75% of the users call your products and services “affordable” and the remaining 25% call it “value for money”, it delivers a big impact on your business. The companies engaged in social media marketing are equipped with several tools that provide an in-depth analysis of the qualitative metrics online.

ROI Metrics: ROI is the destination of all social media campaigns. The businesses are investing huge amounts of money to make a profit from it. Therefore, track the percentage of the visitors who are converted into potential buyers or a client on the eCommerce site. This helps you to find the actual figure of the successful social media campaign based on the ROI basis. Once you have all the metrics data available, you have an approximate idea about the investments and returns gained from the campaign.

Method 2:

If you find that method 1 involves some critical technicalities that might provide a correct ROI, then here is method 2 (the social media monitoring tools) that can help in monitoring the ROI as well as suggest some of the good ways to increase the profits.


This tool gathers data by monitoring everything from traditional media outlets to social media. It also exports data statistics into graphs that assist professionals to know the exact areas for improving ROI.


This is a watch tool that allows businesses to tackle reputation management on social platforms. It notifies instantly through SMS or email to the business owners when the brand name is mentioned on social media channels. This helps a business to know about its brand equity in the market. Thus, it can invest accordingly.


This tool monitors social media for brand images. Rather than searching for the keywords on social media sites, it searches for the images and reports for the business in real-time. It is one of the most reputed and trusted tools that have gained high media (Forbes, Wired, The Next Web) attention due to its accuracy.


Companies use social media not for socializing, but for growing their business. The main idea behind initiating the social media campaign is to drive or allure the people towards the products or services pages.

Calculating the ROI according to the metrics will help your business figure out the actual cost required to be invested to acquire a customer. It is mandatory to know the approximate amount invested in acquiring a new customer. Once you know about it, you can promote your online business through social media by setting goals and budgeting accordingly.

It is very important to know the value of your brand’s presence on different social media channels in order to initiate a marketing campaign. Hence, the ROI of social media marketing is a very crucial component for every marketing team of a business. So start working on calculating your ROI, and thereafter your social media marketing strategy and you shall surely be successful in enhancing your brand’s conversions.

By Team TIS
Recent Article

You May Also Like

The Ultimate Guide to SEO for Attorneys and Law Firms in 2023
By Team TIS
Last Updated On June 21, 2023
Salesforce CPQ: What is It?
By Team TIS
Last Updated On June 09, 2023